A trip to Costa Rica is above all else an entry into the world of nature. While there we saw "Capuchins and Cormorants", and crocodiles too. As we traveled the waterways and walked the rainforest paths, we were reminded of Costa Rican efforts to preserve the wonderful diversity of wildlife their country contains. Our tour guides were ever-mindful of mentioning the degree to which Costa Rica cherishes it's eco-friendly attitudes. It is a tradition of which they can well be proud. I am reminded of this again today as I read about the United Nations Biodiversity Conference that just met in Hyderabad, India: "Efforts to reverse the loss of
Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost on Saturday
when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to poor countries."
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
The article's lead picture
shows a jacana bird at the National Biodiversity Institute of Costa Rica. I don't know if I actually saw this bird myself (I'll rely on Jan,
Judy and Dianne, our documentarians, to fill in the details of what
birds we actually saw). However, I do recall being amazed at the variety
of wildlife that we encountered. What a shame it would be to lose any of it!
The graphic below illustrates the
International Union for Conservation of Nature's "Red List" of
endangered species. I can't say that I know all that much about the race to reverse extinction threats. However, I know that I'm now much more aware of what's wonderfully-worth preserving! Thank you, Costa Rica!!
Graphic with illustrating the International Union for Conservation of Nature's "Red List" of endangered species.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Graphic with illustrating the International Union for Conservation of Nature's "Red List" of endangered species.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Efforts to reverse the loss
of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost on
Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to poor
countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Efforts to reverse the loss
of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost on
Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to poor
countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Efforts to reverse the loss
of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost on
Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to poor
countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Efforts to reverse the loss
of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost on
Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to poor
countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Efforts to reverse the loss
of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost on
Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to poor
countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
A jacana bird at the
National Biodiversity Institute in Costa Rica. Efforts to reverse the
loss of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost
on Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to
poor countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
A jacana bird at the
National Biodiversity Institute in Costa Rica. Efforts to reverse the
loss of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost
on Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to
poor countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
A jacana bird at the
National Biodiversity Institute in Costa Rica. Efforts to reverse the
loss of Earth's dwindling natural resources received a substantial boost
on Saturday when a UN conference agreed to double biodiversity aid to
poor countries.
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp
Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2012-10-world-pledges-money-biodiversity.html#jCp

No comments:
Post a Comment